Boss eBand JS-8: Audio Player/Recorder with Guitar Effects
To be honest I’ve not had chance to review this item, but then again it’s Boss and you really can’t go wrong with that.
Read through the specs list and see what this item is capable of doing and work it out as per seperate item and you’ll see at the price this is being sold at that it’s actually great value.
Check out the youtube video below,
— Boss eBand JS-8 Jam Station: Audio Player/Recorder with Guitar Effects:
The Ultimate Jam-Along Companion for “bedroom guitarists” who love jamming along with their favorite songs, the ultimate musical companion has arrived. eBand is a portable all-in-one audio player that’s packed with big features.
With the Boss JS-8 Audio Player with Guitar Effects, WAV and MP3 files can be loaded and played by eBand, and the tempo and pitch can be changed. Plug in your guitar and jam along using the powerful onboard COSM® preamp and BOSS effects. You can minimize the pre-recorded vocals or guitar parts with the Center Cancel feature for minus-one play, and record and save your jams. There’s even a library of backing tracks and rhythms onboard, plus a built-in tuner and metronome.
BOSS FX Onboard
eBand is loaded with high-quality BOSS effects derived from the GT-10, including over 100 powerful guitar sounds that span a variety of genres. It also features the famous COSM® preamp from the GT-10. Using eBand?s Guitar/Mic input, you can apply the internal processing to your guitar or voice.
EZ TONE Sound Wizard
Creating your own sounds is simple with eBand. The EZ TONE feature provides a quick, intuitive approach to tone creation based on graphic icons and a Tone Grid. You’ll be programming at the speed of sound!
SDHC memory cards of up to 32GB can be plugged into eBand, letting you store thousands of WAV/MP3-format songs per card. eBand also lets you play WAV/MP3 files directly from USB memory stick, expanding your data storage and file-management options. (eBand comes with a 1GB SD card)
Convenient Phrase Trainer
Phrase Trainer is a feature packed function convenient for practicing phrases from imported songs. Phrase Trainer includes functions to control pitch and tempo of imported songs, Center Cancel for minimizing the guitar or vocal parts from pre-recorded audio, and AB repeat. Now you can learn phrases without feeling any stress!
USB Audio Interface
eBand can be used as a USB audio interface, allowing the audio signals from eBand (audio-player sound + live guitar/vocal sound) to be transferred to PC via USB. As a result, eBand audio can be recorded into DAW software on your PC. Furthermore, audio from PC can be played back on eBand. This means eBand can function as USB speakers for your PC.
There are many other notable features packed into eBand, including an internal recorder for capturing your guitar performances as you play along with songs or backing tracks. And speaking of backing tracks, 300 audio-loop phrases are onboard for jam-along inspiration. Of course eBand is also equipped with the essential built-in tuner and metronome
- Imports and plays audio files (WAV and MP3)
- Pitch and tempo control of imported songs
- Guitar/Mic input with dedicated input control; headphone output
- Custom-tuned speakers for powerful playback
- COSM Preamp and 100+ effects derived from BOSS GT-10
- EZ Tone function provides the ultimate easy-to-use, intuitive approach to sound creation based on graphic icons
- 300 audio-loop phrases onboard for backing tracks and rhythms (some include companion guitar effects pre-programmed to match the loops)
- Tuner and metronome built in
- Records and saves your guitar performances
- USB audio interface for direct link to and from PCs
- Play songs from USB memory stick
- Import your favorite songs from audio CD to eBand with included utility software (PC/Mac)
- Memory Capacity: SD/SDHC Card (128 MB ? 32 GB)
- Data Type: JS-8 Songs (Recording/Playback), MP3 (Bit rate: 64 kbps – 320 kbps, Playback only), WAV (Quantization Bit Rate: 8/16/24-bit, Playback only)
- AD Conversion: 24-bit + AF method* (GUITAR/MIC IN), 24-bit (LINE IN)
- DA Conversion: 24-bit
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Effect Patch Memories: Preset: 130, User: 100
- Effect Types: AMP (Amp Modeling) -FX (OD/DS, WAH, COMP, LIMITER, OCTAVE, AC.PROCESSOR, PHASER, FLANGER, TREMOLO, ROTARY, UNI-V, PAN) – EQ (Equalizer) – NS (Noise Suppressor) – DELAY – CHORUS – REVERB.
- Recording Time (listed capacities are approximate. Times may be slightly shorter depending on the number of songs that were created.): JS-8 Songs: 250 min. (1GB), 8,060 min. (32GB) – WAV/16-bit/Stereo: 90 min. (1GB), 3,020 min. (32GB) – MP3/128 kbps/Stereo: 1,040 min. (1GB), 33,330 min. (32GB)
- Nominal Input Level:GUITAR/MIC IN: -20 dBu (INPUT GAIN=GUITAR), -32 dBu (INPUT GAIN=MIC), AUX IN: -15 dBu
- Input Impedance: GUITAR/MIC IN: 1 M ohm/AUX IN: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level (Phones): -10 dBu, LINE OUT: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance (Phones): 44 ohms, LINE OUT: 1 k ohm
- Display: 132 x 64 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- USB: Supports file transfer (mass storage class) and audio
- Width: 264 mm/10-7/16 inches
- Depth: 166 mm/6-9/16 inches
- Height: 201 mm/7-15/16 inches
- Weight: 1.7 kg/3 lbs. 12 oz.
- AC adaptor (PSB-1U), SD card (1 GB), Owner’s Manual, Roland Service (Information Sheet)