Budget Beginners Electric Guitars for Christmas for 2021
Buying beginners guitars is a minefield. Especially without any knowledge of what you need to buy. Budget Beginners Electric Guitars for Christmas 2021 is hopefully an article that can point you in the right direction.
Purchasing guitars off the internet is problematic. You can’t get a feel for how the instrument feels but then again if you have no idea what you are looking for what use is trying it out?
Websites with a good returns policy is definitely the best and safest option.
Donner Electric Guitar Kit: £129.99
Budget electric guitar for beginners. Full Size 39 Inch Solid Body with Amplifier, Bag, Capo, Strap, String, Tuner, Cable and Pick (Sapphire Blue).
- 1 x Donner Stratocaster Guitar
- 1 x Guitar Bag
- 1 x Noise Reduction Cable
- 1 x Capo, Tuner, String, Strap, Picks
- 1 x Amplifier
- Size: Full-size 39 Inch
- Hand Orientation: Right
- Pickups: S-S-H
- Controls: 1V 2T, 5 Ways
Rechargeable mini Guitar Amplifier
- Two tone channels (Clean/Distortion).
- Get different tones by adjusting GAIN and TONE.
- Easy Control & Little Size & Tube Sound.
Full disclosure, I haven’t tried this guitar. I have gone off reviews and my experience with a Donner acoustic guitar. Recently I came across a Donner acoustic guitar that was extremely well made for the price and very playable. If that guitar is offers any indication as to what Donner’s Electric guitars will be like then happy days.
Check out the reviews below.
Fender Squier Stratocaster with Frontman, bag and accessories
The Squier Affinity Strat Pack offers everything you need to get started.
The proven Affinity Stratocaster BSB with HSS equipment.
Fender Frontman 15 amplifier, gigbag and cable. Just plug in and start rocking!
- E-Guitar Model: Squier Strat SSS
- Technology: Solid Body
- Body type: Strat Shape
- Colour / Finish: Black
- Pickup Configuration: S-S-S (3x Single Coil)
- Strings thickness ex factory: .009 – .042
- Amplifier model: Fender Frontman 10G
- Amp power: 10 W
- Number of channels: 2
- EQ: Bass/mids/treble
- Including: Gigbag, strap, picks, cable
Squier stratocasters are of staple of beginner guitarists. Usually ready to play and built reasonably well. Proven quality and reliability which does come at a cost. Is it worth an extra £100 over the Donner guitar? Probably not for a beginner if I’m honest. If you find a decent guitar teacher they can make adjustments on both guitars that will help the student learn in much more comfort.
Ibanez GRX40 Metallic Light Blue
- The GRX40 Range. A 6 String Electric Guitar from the world leading Ibanez guitar brand / Ibanez renowned quality, playability and craftsmanship whatever your level or style of guitar playing.
- Easy on the hands: The GRX40 features a Poplar Tone wood contoured body and a GRX maple neck, with fantastic feel & comfortable playing. Allowing practice sessions or performances to go on all night, with ease.
- Style & Substance: Ibanez classic styling w/ Chrome Hardware. Stable and reliable tuning, versatile H-S-S pickup configuration and synchronised tremolo. We want you to pick up your instrument and play it, over and over again.
- Ideal for beginner & intermediate / Ibanez design every guitar, affordable or professional – with sound quality, comfort, style and ease of use in mind. Creating music at any level inspires passion.
- Items delivered : 1 x GRX40 Full Size 6-String Electric Guitar with Tremolo in ‘Metallic Light Blue’ Finish / Tremolo arm / Guitar manual / Neck adjustment key.
Ibanez guitars are fantastic, they just are. Although not my taste in shape or colour I can’t get away from the fact that they are just really well made and very very playable. Especially rock and heavy metal. Unfortunately this means having to purchase a guitar amplifier separately.
Something like the two amplifiers below will do the trick until you want to upgrade.
The joker in the pack.
Harley Benton ST-20 SB Standard Series
This strat at £68 plus £8 shipping is ridiculous. The Harley Benton series of guitars are so well made for the price it is mind boggling.
Personally I have 2 Harley Benton guitars and have had and sold another. All three guitars were so well made and so playable it is almost beyond words. The guitar I sold was a Les Paul goldtop which I only sold because I already had a Les Paul I’m very happy with.
Harley Benton CST-24 Black Cherry Flame
A guitar I currently own that at just over £200 is for my money the best value electric guitar out there. Maybe not necessarily a beginners guitar but if you have the money it’s well worth the investment for a committed student. To be honest any guitarist would be happy with this guitar. It really is very playable and looks great.
Harley Benton SC-450 P90 GT Classic Series
A guitar that I have previously owned and used for over a year before deciding I have a better Les Paul – that Les Paul was a lot more expensive than this gem of a guitar and part of me is still sore about selling it. At £136 it is great value for money and looks fantastic.