Waying up my options here,
Price range: Free – $199
2RuleFilter – Link
Price: Free to download
“2RuleFilter” is a self-resonant moog type filter that allows the filter cut-off frequency to be controlled manually, or by LFO, or by an envelope follower. It has a interresting feature called “scrambler” that plays filtered signal randomly depending on the selected beat. The “mix” knob mixies wet and dry signals, The “volume” knob is for setting the output volume level. The”Bit crusher” produces hard sound. Using its scramble feature you can maintain the rhythmic, choppy, buffered and tempo sync output.
- High Pass, Low Pass, Band Pass filter
- Modulation of filter cut-off frequency by LFO (tempo-sync), manuallly or envelope follower(reversable)
- Bit crusher (16bit to 1 bit)
- Scrambler that devide one measure to different time intervall and plays beats randomly.
- Mix ballance in between dry(input signal) and wet(filtered and bit crushed).
- Sensitivity that allows the filter cut-off frequency be changed from roughly to smoothly. This effect is the same of parameter smoothing.
Audio Damage: 914 Fixed Filter Bank – link
The Audio Damage 914 Fixed Filter Bank is a faithful recreation of the Moog Modular Synthesizer’s 914 module, and a major upgrade to our original 907A plugin. This plugin creates unique filter textures by passing the signal through twelve band-pass filters, as well as a low-pass and high-pass filter.
The 914 is a subtle effect, capable of adding rich luster to pads, and giving percussive and lead synth sounds a vocal quality. It is an excellent tool for the sound designer’s palette, simple to use yet capable of complex and unique timbres. Improvements over the original 907A include a bandwidth control, separate level adjustments for wet and dry signal, makeup gain, and four extra frequency bands.
914 Fixed Filter Bank Features:
» 24db Low-pass and high-pass filters.
» Twelve fixed-frequency band-pass filters.
» True stereo operation.
» Separate wet and dry level controls.
» 15dB of makeup gain on the wet level.
» Full MIDI learn mode, for MIDI CC control of every control (VST only; handled by host in AU version).
Moog® Multimode Filter/SE – link
Price: $199 (must have UAD card 1 or 2 installed in pc) special promotion June 2010 for $159.20
If UA were able to conceive a product with Moog, what would it be? The answer is revealed in the new Moog Multimode Filter, which delivers the first truly analog-sounding VCF (voltage controlled filter) emulation made for mixing, performing, creating, or destroying. The Moog Multimode Filter is a ‘digital-only’ tabletop filter set that combines the best of Bob Moog’s classic designs with select features from his final Voyager instrument.
- Stunningly accurate UAD recreation of the historical Moog Four-Pole filter sound
- Sophisticated Lowpass, Highpass and Bandpass filtering with self oscillation, saturation and zero artifacts
- Several classic and modern Moog instrument features combined into one simple control set
- Six waveshapes, and tempo synchronization for LFOs
- Mono and Stereo processing, with special features like Spacing and Offset for stereo effects
- Includes low DSP “SE” version of Moog Multimode Filter
MoogFilter – Link
Price: 19 €
This is a MIDI-controllable filter, that gives all your plugins or synths that famous thick sound you all know well. It is stereo and has MIDI control. Put it as an insert into your audio track or behind your synth plugin. Use the frequency and resonance dial for a static sound, or feed it with MIDI-notes to use the integrated envelope generator!
V1.2 has a new GUI (on request of a major company, who thought it looked too similar to their products), an envelope follower, two more filter types (BP, HP) and a faster envelope.
Available for Windows PC as VST-plugin.