MeldaProduction have kindly offered this free vst compressor plugin that also has sidechaining capabilities.
‘MCompressor provides standard compression with volume maximization and has adjustable compression shape, which gives you power to set custom smoothing or even interesting sound effects.’
* Standard and custom compression shape – using user shapes you can easily create various dynamic effects such as expansion, gate or even some extraordinary shapes for rhytmization…
* Actual source level indication inside the shape graph – you always know, what dynamic value you can actually expect on the input and output, and what gain-reduction MCompressor performs.
* Signal maximization – compressors actually lower the signal above treshold. MCompressor can compensate the reduction to ensure, that if the source has reached 0dB, result will too. This is especially useful for mastering, since you want to maximize loudness and use the entire bit resolution.
* Hard, linear and smooth knee with adjustable size
* Side-chain based on band-passing the original signal (useful for de-essing for example).
* Standard general parameters – input gain, attack and release…
* Fully automatable (except for the custom shape graph).
* Global preset management – using a title button you can save your settings, which are shared on the computer, so you can easily access them in another songs.
Download for free here